Posted On 01 Jan 2020
Emergency Action Plan Guide for Active Shooter Preparedness
The Active Shooter Emergency Action Plan Video is a virtual learning tool that describes the fundamental concepts of developing an Emergency Action Plan (EAP) for an active shooter scenario. This instructive video guides organizations through important considerations of EAP development utilizing the first-hand perspectives of active shooter survivors, first responders, and other subject matter experts who share their unique insights.
Organizations are encouraged to use this guide as a medium to document the initial steps toward creating an Active Shooter preparedness plan. This guide is not meant to replace your organization’s Emergency Action Plan. Rather, it is a tool that begins the EAP development process.
- Does your organization have an emergency action plan? If so, review your organization’s policy or process for creating the plan. Determine if an active shooter preparedness plan can fit into your organization’s overarching plan which may already include a plan for fire evacuation, severe weather, and bomb threats.
- Obtain a copy of the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Comprehensive Preparedness Guide (CPG) 101 “Developing and Maintaining Emergency Operations Plan” and review the six step planning process.
- Explore the Department of Homeland Security’s Active Shooter Preparedness Website to better understand the active shooter threat.
- View the Options for Consideration Video to recognize possible actions to take if confronted with an active shooter scenario.
- Download and review the Active Shooter Preparedness Workshop Series presentations. This six module series contains additional information, instructor notes, and videos that supports the Active Shooter Emergency Action Plan process.
This information can be brought to your area in seminar or workshop form by contacting us at CERTMinistry@gmail.com.